Wednesday, September 30, 2009

50 Drawings in 50 Minutes on Top of Each Other


After the previous assignment with Catherine Downing, (50 Drawings in 50 minutes) my instructor Tawni Shuler, recommended me to do 50 drawings in 50 minutes on one big piece of paper. She asked me to use an organic form. I chose a piece of burlap paper and twirled it smashed it up a bit and then arranged it on the table in front of me. With this approach I never rearranged the object. I just moved my drawing paper around and changed mediums each time I drew it. I drew small parts of it, I drew it very large and very small. I drew it with my eyes closed. I tried angular approaches and soft circular approaches. The time went by very fast. As you can see the result doesn't look like a still life drawing at all. I had fun just playing with different materials. Sometimes,"Unexpected paths lead to great discoveries"(Wayne Hodgins).


No comments: