Monday, October 19, 2009

Dinner with the Board of Trustees and President Holland























Last week I was invited to give a small presentation over dinner of my summer research that I was granted through the Scholarly and Creative Opportunities Program at UVU to the Board of Trustees and the President Matthew Holland of Utah Valley University.


I briefly explained that I explored my connections between art and music by specifically listening to the music of Elizabethan Report. It was a lovely dinner and a great opportunity to share my experiences at UVU in the art department.


President Holland has some outstanding ideas about Engaged Learning and Community Engagement. I am so happy to attend a University that offers these opportunities to learn by doing.


The art featured here is a sneak preview of what is to come. I painted this to Elizabethan Report's song "Two Silver Trumpets".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jesse! This is Robbie's sister Emily. I found your blog through Spencer's. I love the idea of music and art. And what an opportunity to meet with the president of UVU! Love the art. Dang it, you're good.