Thursday, December 3, 2009

Don't be daunted

Don't be afraid, don't be daunted, just do your job. Elizabeth Gilbert author of Eat, Pray, Love shares an inspiring talk about another way to think about creativity.
If you doing anything remotely creative this video is worth 19 minutes of your life:

Jack Hadley founder of coworkutah recommended it. This morning Jack taught my senior seminar art class a thing or two about social marketing. I now see the value of Twitter and Facebook and blogging beyond just socializing. Thanks to Jack we are not listening to anyone who gives us the concerned look when we tell them we are artists. Today my fellow artists and I will be inspired to carve our own way.

I'd love to hear about what you thought of the video and if you have any ideas about how to stay focused on your creativity and not about how bad the economy is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Jess, for your kind words. I am impressed that you took the initiative to post today. Great job. I’m excited to watch you “carve your own way” as an artist. Your tenacity will see you through. And, by the way, I enjoyed reading about your having grown up in a home full of orphaned items with stories. Best to you.